|Vieux Monde Limestone Paving
Vieux Monde is an exceptional paving option that authentically recreates the look of antique reclaimed materials. A blend of fine French limestones from Burgundy are combined with a variety of randomly applied finishes such as Tumbled, Bush-hammered, Brushed, Hand Honed, and Hand Chipped Edges. Vieux Monde is available in a Random Running Bond pattern composed of two course widths by random lengths. The resulting combination has a distinctive and rich patina traditionally achieved only through many years of use.
- Conceptually, Vieux Monde is designed to offer the look of an Antique or Reclaimed French Limestone at a fraction of the price.
- In the standard full range blend, Vieux Monde combines five complementary French limestones in the approximate percentages: Stone 1 – 25%; Stone 2 – 25%; Stone 3 - 20%; Stone 4 – 15%; Stone 5 – 15%.
- Four unique finishes are applied randomly over the five stones to create the standard blend: Finish A – 30%; Finish B – 30%; Finish C – 20%; Finish D – 20%.
- Two standard patterns are available: Random Running Bond with two course width options 11¾” and 15¾” x random lengths 12”-26”; or 4-piece Repeating Versailles pattern.
- The standard thickness is 2cm (3/4” +/-); however, 3cm (1-1/4" +/-) and 4cm (1-1/2” +/-) thicknesses are also available for specialty items such as stair treads, copings, and caps.
- Some amount of customization to the standard blend is possible. Stones and finishes both can be increased, decreased, or deleted as requested; however, changes to the blend may affect the pricing.
Click here to go to our Vieux Monde Limestone web page. Contact us for more information on this new paving stone.